Bespoke solutions and contract work:
We can offer a complete turnkey solution from concept to product; to troubleshooting a design. If you feel we can help, either long term or short, please do contact us. We include our interests and skills below though are always interested in widening our scope.
· Analogue and Digital electronic design
· FPGA design – VHDL and some Verilog
· High speed analogue and digital techniques
· Real time systems
· Deep knowledge of Xilinx and Altera toolsets
· Knowledge of JPEG and video compression
· Embedded processor software and debug
· Good analytical skills
· Design rescue
· Project management skills
· Business management
· Other areas
· Knowledge of video and its various formats.
· Knowledge of communications, SONET, SDH and POS as well as RS232, RS485, RS422.
· Networks, TC/IP, UDP. CRC generation. Ethernet.
· Written a TCP/IP stack with a webpage running on an embedded processor.
· Knowledge of SDRAM, DDR and similar memory architectures.
· DDS - Direct Digital (frequency) Synthesis techniques, GSM modulation techniques.
· Knowledge of ADCs and DACs and their specifications.
· Low noise analogue techniques.
· Knowledge of JPEG, MPEG, DCT and Huffman encoding.
· Knowledge of JTAG boundary scan and programming of devices, XSVF player.
· Competent with PCs and various aspects of networks.
· Knowledgeable of the human visual interface and its characteristics.
· Some knowledge of mechanical principles and rotating machines.
· Motor drive control theory, phase and speed control.
FPGA toolsets: Xilinx ISE: EDK, Chipscope. Altera: Quartus
PCB Schematic capture and Layout: Protel, Altium, Pulsonix, PADs, Ranger
Hardware VHDL simulation tools: ISE and Aldec
Embedded processors and CPUs
CPUs: Hitachi, Motorola, PIC, Rabbit, 80C51 variants, ARM 7 (LPC2294, LPC2378), MicroBlaze (Xilinx EDK)
Languages: C and Assembler.